Monday, August 18, 2008

Still can't bear PETA though

In January this year, nearly a year after writing this-post (clearly, my 'ding' moments need that long to become my 'doing' moments), I eliminated animal products from my diet. I loved the taste of meat and cheese and fish and eggs and thought I'd miss them - I haven't. I also loved being able to dine out anywhere I wanted and thought I'd miss that - I don't. In fact, my love of eating out has been replaced by a love of cooking. I never thought I'd love cooking. I am even drooling over large kitchens on the telly. I LOVE COOKING AND I WANT A BIG KITCHEN!

I can't believe this is me saying it.

And I can't believe I ever thought anyone was impressed with my macho posturings when ordering steak: 'Blue please. Oh just bring the cow.'

Ah, the journey of life. From being an arse to becoming ever so slightly less of an arse.

10 Comments:

Blogger Arantxa said...

One of those big kitchens with an isle.

8:35 AM  
Blogger jo22 said...

Yes, fabulous. And I just got a rolling-pin and when I'm not doing pastry I am going to use it to bop men on the head.

9:26 PM  
Blogger jo22 said...

I'm befuddled and hurt. Only one 'radfem' has commented on my vegan/large kitchen post.

I'm going to find people who think my vegan/large kitchen posts are AMAZING!

So there.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Arantxa said...

I think some people have too much meat'n XL-kitchen privilege. That's what it is. You are being oppressed.

8:56 PM  
Blogger jo22 said...

I propose a Privilege Olympics; like an Opression Olympics only better attended.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Arantxa said...

I propose a misuse of words until they have no meaning Olympics. We should start practicing.

9:32 PM  
Blogger jo22 said...

I'm not sure I have the agency to do that.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Arantxa said...

Jo, what can I say except that the medals are far, far out of your reach. We'll need a really good coach.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! And love your blog. Yay for big kitchens. :)

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!